Oakland Rising has just opened our job application process for a Paid Canvasser Team Leader for our upcoming Ranked Choice Voting education campaign. Please find the job description and application instructions below.
We are looking for an individual who brings supervisory and campaign experience to lead a team of 15 paid canvassers through a 2 week outreach program. Oakland Rising will be contacting several thousand people in a 2 week time period through phone-banking. We’ll be talking with voters about the new Ranked Choice Voting system that all Oaklanders will be using in November. It would be great to have applicants who are familiar with the issues and communities in Oakland, and bring experience working and/or living in the flatlands. People who thrive in a fast-paced, intense, and team-oriented environment are especially encouraged to apply.
This position will run from August 16th – Sept 3rd, with the possibility of extended employment for future campaigns. Please email me for more details.
Paid Canvass Team Leader
Oakland Rising is a multilingual, multiracial alliance of social justice organizations that educates and mobilizes residents in lesser-heard communities to reclaim a powerful voice on the issues impacting their lives. We are currently seeking an individual who wants to work in the June Election Outreach Campaign’s paid canvass program as our Team Leader. The Team Leader will be responsible for managing a team of at least 12 canvassers who will be contacting thousands of Oakland residents through daily phone-banking and door-to-door contact.
The position starts Monday, August 16th, 2010 and will conclude on Friday, September 3rd, 2010. The Team Leader will work five to six days a week, with Fridays and intermittent days off. Lunch or dinner will be provided each workday. Applications due by Tuesday, August 10th, 2010. Interviews will be held on Thursday, August 12th.
Hours: Monday – Thursday 2:30pm – 9:30pm
(Subject to Change) Saturday 8:30am – 5:30pm
Sunday 12:30pm – 9pm
A detailed schedule can be emailed upon request.
Pay: $15.00 per hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Daily coordination of a canvass/phoning team of at least15 people, including:
• Preparation of materials for phone banking.
• Daily convening of team to review assignments for the day.
• Daily debrief ensuring that team members are on track.
• Accurate Daily Team Summary Report Form.
• Maintain accurate team attendance time sheets and report forms.
• Tracking, generating reports, and quality control of phoning outcomes.
• Manage team members performance and conflicts as determined by the Paid Canvasser Operations Manual.
2. Daily trouble-shooting with team members to train and improve results.
3. Daily Quality Control calls and reports to check team results.
4. Daily data entry of all walk and phone sheets from previous day’s walk into computer.
5. Meet with staff coordinators to go over plans/logistics for the week.
6. Support direct contact work (phones, door-to-door contact) when necessary.
7. Reports to Oakland Rising’s Field Director.
TEAM LEADER REQUIREMENTS:
• Car mandatory every day. No exceptions.
• Valid California Driver’s License.
• Ability to work 7-11 hours per day, six days a week.
• Ability to work well in a team setting.
• Physical ability to lift 30 pounds and do lots of walking.
• Organized, On time, Positive Attitude, Accountable, Strong Leadership Skills.
• Management, coordination experience a plus.
• Previous Campaign Experience a plus.
• Spanish-English Bilingual a plus.
Answer the following questions in a separate document. Email the completed application, resume and recommended cover letter to the email address below, or call to arrange drop-off. Due by Tuesday, August 10th.
1) Name, Phone number, Email, Address
2) Why are you interested in the Team Leader position?
3) Do you bring any campaign experience? Any other relevant experience?
4) Have you ever worked in a supervisor capacity?
5) Do you have any conflicts with the schedule, listed above?
6) Do you have a car available to you for the entire duration of the campaign, every day?
7) Have you ever been involved with one of the organizations in our alliance: Oakland Rising, APEN, Causa Justa::Just Cause, Ella Baker Center, EBASE. If so, describe your involvement.
For further information, please email Jessamyn Sabbag, Field Director, at [email protected] for fastest response. You can also leave a message at 415-424-2600.
Applications are due no later than 5pm on Tuesday, August 10th, 2010.
– Resume and completed application required. Cover Letter highly recommended.
Interviews will be held on Thursday, August 12th, 2010 in the late afternoon.
Oakland Rising is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status.